For those who like it pure and original, BMW Motorrad has now developed the perfect machine: BMW R nineT. A motorcycle featured with unique design and numerous ways of customising it.
The new version of BMR R nineT has created quite a stir from the day it came into news. A few loved it and there were a few who didn’t but it drew major attraction with gusto. BMW had been creating excitement by the release of the teasers and left the world to anticipate what their new machine would look. They finally launched the BMW R nineT Sport solely in U.K market.
- The raw and unfinished look with the exposed seam in the tank, gave the bike a non-identical look and and comes with a good deal of parts from the BMW accessories catalogue.
- RnineT engine remains intact with its 110 horsepower that is able to turn the bike into all-out monster.
- It is fitted with the air/oil-cooled boxer with a capacity of 1,170 cc. It delivers an output of 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,750 rpm, develops a maximum torque of 86 lb/ft (116 Nm) at 6,000 rpm.
- With the new engine mapping and a fuel system including carbon canister, meets the requirements of the EU4 pollutant class.
- The brake system is with ABS as standard and is fitted with 4-piston callipers, steel-wrapped brake lines and 320-millimeter brake discs at the front and the rear.
- It also features equal weight distribution on both the wheels with light alloy wheel cast.
The unique look of this R nineT scrambler can not be ignored because of the special aluminium fuel tank, which is available in two versions: hand-brushed, gloss-varnished and with visible or smoothed welding seams. Its exhaust is with two vertically arranged rear silencers meets the requirements of a typical Scrambler with twin muffler.
LED indicators and heated grips come as standard, while the stock gas tank has been altered to seamlessly morph into a custom alloy tail and seat with a leather cover. You can also convert your motorcycle into a single seat motorcycle by ejecting the rear seat along with footrest.
Visually, the new bike has many styling changes which will set the newer version apart from the older one. It is available to order in the UK for £12,990 (Rs 12.56 lakh) from 6th Febraury.